reflections of our life on the farm and beyond

Saturday, February 8, 2014

another PTI challenge card

This time, the challenge was a time trial one.  We had 7 minutes to gather all our supplies and then 17 minutes to make the card.  Sound easy?  Nup.  Halfway through, I nearly changed my mind and then I wasn't sure about the colours and I nearly changed things, but my time was already more than half gone and 17 minutes goes damn quick!!

HOWEVER.....I did fall down at one critical point.  I could only use SEVEN products and I ended up using more than that.  Bugger.  But I still like this so much I am whacking it up!!
So this is what came out at the end of the time.  And I'm pretty happy with it.  Like the previous card, I have a mix of PTI and SU goodies.

Why don't you challenge yourself to a time trial and see what comes out at the end of it.  It is a very good way to get you out of a stamping or creative bog!  Because you just have to knuckle down and get something done!

PTI materials:
  • Stampers Select White cardstock
  • Simply Chartreuse, Autumn Rose, Dark Chocolate, Ripe Avocado inks
  • Seed Packet die, Half and Half die
  • Half and Half stamp set, Year of Flowers stamp set, Garden Variety stamp set

SU materials:
  • Pink Pirouette, Raspberry Ripple and Old Olive cardstock
  • Old Olive bakers twine
  • Faceted button

No comments: