reflections of our life on the farm and beyond

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Easter 2012

Easter.  The commercial aspect of Easter is not something that I really enjoy.  It is not because I am Catholic and I think that the whole focus on chocolate takes away from the religious significance or anything like that.  I really don't get into it because chocolate gives me migraines!!!  So it is a bit of a waste of a celebration for me personally.

But of course, the kids get right into it, and even more so as they get older.  Actually, this year, I had the following conversation with Tom.

Tom: Is the Easter Bunny real?
Me: Well who do you think brings you Easter Eggs?
Tom: You and Dad
Me: Why do you think that?
Tom: I dunno.....you probably buy them
Me: Do you see me buying any?
Tom: No
Me: Well, I guess that something has to bring the eggs to you.  Put it this way Tom, if you don't believe, you don't receive
a brief pause in the conversation
Tom: Well I think I believe in the Easter Bunny then.

I blame the influence of school.












Getting a helping hand from daddy
The haul
This is the mess one toddler and one tub of Sudocream can make.  Ever tried getting Sudocream off!!!  It sticks to EVERYTHING including the bottom of the bath.


Some Easter egg baskets I made for my niece and nephews.

No comments: