reflections of our life on the farm and beyond

Thursday, May 10, 2012

April 2012

Contrasting to March, April was a bit busy for us.  So I am breaking it down into sections for you...because there are a lot of pictures!

This is a basic run down of April;

Preggie shots.  I had some professional pictures taken of my preggy belly, and to look good for the pics, I treated myself to a spray tan.  Hence, I am looking damn hot in the following 3 snaps!!


 
36 weeks 2 days
38 weeks and 6 days (last preggie pic - little did we know) 
We had to purchase a new pram for the new baby.  Not because there was anything wrong with the one we had, it was just that between Tom and Biddy and Biddy and Bella, there is almost exactly 2.5yrs.  So when each new baby arrived, the older child was adept enough at walking around for a bit.  At a pinch, we could put the bub into a Baby Bjorn type carrier and the toddler into the pram when things got hairy, but this was not going to work this time.  Because the age difference between Bella and the new baby is less that 2yrs.  And Bella is still some time off from being able to walk around shopping centres/parks/outings etc by herself for very long. Plus, the pram is an excellent - and legal - form of child restraint!  So we needed a double pram, but the only one that I really liked and was going to suit us was a font and back one with the older child in the front.  I decided to finally put the pram together on the Monday night....just as well, because I went into labour the next night!



a baby card that I made for a friend....I actually gave it to her when we were both in hospital!
 Poor Biddy is quite sensitive to insect bites and the night before this picture, she was bitten on the eyelid by a mozzie.  Meds at home did nothing, so a trip to A&E for some heavy duty stuff was required.  It still took 3 days to go down.

 

St Mary's School sports 2012.  Tom is in blue team and this year, the school held the sports on the oval directly across the road from mum's place (which was so considerate as I could nick back there for a sit/cuppa/lunch etc!).  These are some pics of the day.




Tom came first in his 100m.  This is the second year in a row.  Well done.
With cousin Jarrod (grade prep).  Both won their 100m race.





No comments: