reflections of our life on the farm and beyond

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Phew....wotta week!

So much has happened in the past 7 or 8 days, I hardly know where to start. But first, may I say.....

CARN' THE PIES!!!!!!!

Woooooohooooooo.

I could not believe it when the first granny was a draw. I mean come on! There have only been 3 drawn Grand Finals and Collingwood has been in 2 of them! At least, the end result was not anything like the '77 Grand Final against North Melbourne. Much to my relief and Mark's disgust. The kids are firm Magpie supporters now!!!

This time last week, we celebrated Isabella's christening. It was a great day and we were blessed to be surrounded by a number of family and friends. Mark and I chose Bernie as godmother and Chris as godfather (need a big burly bloke to look out for the girl when she reaches her teen years!!).

On the Monday, the Butlers, us and mum all headed to the Grampians for a few days camping. It was quite chilly to say the least, only really warming up the day we left (typical). It is due to this camping trip that I have not been online to post any pics of the christening.

But I have sorted through some and here they are! I created a collage of a number of them, but because it may be a bit difficult to see, I've posted a few of them singly.

For the first time in a loooooong time, I had to front up to the dairy to milk! Gasp, splutter, gulp! Yes, for the first time in about 3 years, I had to don the waterproofs, brave the cold and milk with Mark. I'm pleased to say that our marriage has survived intact. I also have to say that if any of our staff whinge about milking on the cups off side, I will make them come and look after my kids for a day! With the cup removers, backing chains laid on and no need to mix up chemicals, it is DEAD EASY around that side. The hardest thing is making sure you don't get shit on! It is a hell of a lot easier than when I milked with Mark every weekend and didn't have the cup removers. (Mark will remember back further when it was even more labour intensive in the walkthrough dairy....another story that one).

Anyway, I will edit the pics from the Grampians and be back to post them. But for now, have a squizz at my darling baby's big day.


the christening cake (which had a MAJOR overhaul)

this christening gown was Mark's (I think I have posted about this when Biddy was christened). All our kids have been christened in it and it is my wish that my kids continue the tradition with their own babies.

the water

Bernie Butler and Chris Foster (godparents)

1 comment:

Scrapsister said...

Hi there! Thanks for popping by my blog. The Christening looked wonderful...congratulations on a beautiful celebration :) The vintage summer edit on my angel photo is partially my edit with some of my own workflow in PS, but I did run an action over it called "Vintage Summer' by Florabella. I ran it at about 50% opacity I think?