reflections of our life on the farm and beyond

Monday, August 25, 2014

PTI Stamp-a-Faire 2014: Renaissance

Ok.  This one had my head SPINNING.  The technique uses velvet, stamps and water.  And an iron.  You know...the sort that you use to iron your clothes (well, I'm sure there are people that use theirs for this task.  Personally, I don't.  I am amazed we even have one quite frankly!)

Anyway, the trick to get the stamp image onto the velvet using the iron.  This is were my head was almost spinning off my neck.  Yes!  You IRON THE STAMP.  No joke!

Want to see it done?  Book a time with me and I'll show you!

This card was great to do and there was some beautiful dies included int he set provided.  I think I will have to have a few more goes at this technique though.  It's kinda addictive.  And it gives my iron a work out and makes it feel loved.  Like my vacuum cleaner.

OK, this is a HARD card to photograph.  I have played with the exposure, colour and lowlights in order to show you the detail you get when stamping on velvet.  In real life it looks heaps better.
Materials used:
Cardstock: Blackberry Bliss and Gold Foil cardstocks (SU)
Stamp: Renaissance stamp set provided in SAF kit
Ink: Encore Gold (SU)
Other: Red velvet (try to buy some that has a decent pile), dies form SAF kit, iron, water spritzer

No comments: