reflections of our life on the farm and beyond

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes

A couple of weeks ago, Mark was playing baseball and at one point in the game slid into home base, removing a substantial amount of skin from his knee and elbow. Whilst I like to think that he is being a bit soft about it all, I have to admit, it does look pretty painful. And it seems to be taking its sweet time to heal as well. Tom is not helping the healing process by taking part in nightly wrestling with Mark and knocking the scabs causing cracks and more bleeding.

I finally got sick of hearing about how sore the wounds were so I went out and bought some of that spray on bandaid. For those that have never seen it, it is sort of like a glue that covers wounds, supposedly acting like an invisible bandaid. It smells like nail polish remover. It should say on the can "use in a well ventiliated room" because after using it, I could smell it for an hour.

Anyway, Mark was reading Tom a bedtime story when I presented him with the can. Mark sticks his leg and arm out for me to spray. Obviously it not only smells like nail polish remover, but also stings like it too in cuts, because Mark complained bitterly about it. I retorted by telling him not to be such a girl and to just put up with it.

Tonight, I was getting Bridie ready for bed and Mark was getting Tom dressed after having a bath. Tom looks at Mark's scabby knee and says "ouch Daddy, sore baseball knee. Mummy will put some spray on it and then you'll be a girl".


Ha ha ha.....out of the mouths of babes!!!!

2 comments:

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

teehee too funny!!!!

Deanne
xxx


ps, you have been tagged. better pop over to my blog to see how to play ;)

Deanne
xx

Helen Jolly said...

PMSL!!!!!!!